Friday, March 5, 2010

I’m sorry it has been a while since I have posted. Things have been so busy.
A few days ago, I got a load to Chicago from Mississauga, Ontario. As I was at the shipper picking up my load, I got a message over the satellite telling me that another driver who was going to Chicago as well had stopped in London to get fuel and had left his wallet behind, containing all his fuel cards and his FAST Card. (Free And Secure Trade- it is a card you use to cross the border instead of your passport). He had been able to cross the border using his passport, so they asked me if I could pick up his wallet on my way by and meet up with him in Chicago. I said “no problem”, so they set us up so we could message each other’s trucks directly via satellite. Basically when you receive a message from the other truck, their truck number is at the top, and the message is below it. I deliberately did not sign my name to my messages, as I don’t want it to be relevant whether I am male or female.
He arrived in Chicago a couple of hours before me, so by the time I got there, he had gone to sleep. I parked my truck a distance away and walked to him. It was the middle of the night. I knocked on his door, but no one answered. I tried again. Nothing. I made one last attempt and banged on his door. He came to the window half asleep, and rolled it down halfway.

DAVE: No thank you, I’m not interested… (and he began to go back to bed)
ME: (seething) Here’s your fucking wallet.
DAVE: Oh God, ……..I’m so sorry.

I mean, come on! I have SEEN Lot Lizards. They are used up, drug addicted whores. I am beautiful. I understand I inadvertently set the stage for that one though, by not specifying whether I was male or female, parking where he couldn’t see my truck and knocking on his door at night in the middle of Chicago, so I have to give the guy a free pass for this one. But I was pretty angry at the time. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment