Friday, March 5, 2010

Flashback #1- Something is Creepy....And It's You. November, 2009

I have decided I have had too many strange/wonderful/scary things happen to me before my blog began to simply ignore them, so I am going to tell some of them as Flashbacks now and again to give a better understanding of my life out here on the road.

Flashback #1- Something Is Creepy….. And It’s You. (November, 2009)

It was a relatively warm sunny day in November and I had stopped in at a Pilot gas station to fax my paperwork and grab a starbucks doubleshot. I was on my way back to the truck, and as I passed a rather nondescript man, he spoke.

ND: Hey,…I saw you a couple weeks ago.
ME: (pausing briefly) Oh? I don’t remember you.
ND: You were at a truck stop in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
ME: If you say so….

I brushed past him and got to my truck as quickly as I could. But here’s the thing. He DID see me there. But let me explain. It was about 2 am, and raining heavily. Dark out. I stopped at a truck stop to switch trailers with another driver, and ran in to use the bathroom before I left. Since the weather was bad, and it seemed like maybe not the best neighborhood, I tucked my hair inside a big hoodie and ran inside quickly with my head down. I spoke to no one. I was there all of 15 minutes, and spent that time trying to hide my identity. This was all essentially just a big reminder to myself that when I think I am safe, and no one’s watching, I’m wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment