Sunday, November 7, 2010

Worse to.....?

After Brian's surgery, Things were calming down. Davey became really distant with me, and it bothered me a lot, but he wouldn't really explain why, and although it left an empty unsettled spot in my heart, I tried to give him his space because I knew he had a lot of weight on his shoulders lately in his own life, and I had just added to it with my accident, stress in my life and being a bit demanding about the whole wedding thing. So I told him if he needed to talk, I was here. But I missed him more than ever.
As Snoogie and I were driving home one night, my pickup truck started making a loud humming noise from the rear end. I took it to my parent's mechanic the next day, who told me that it had blown a seal in the differential, and all the oil had leaked out, and what was left had burned up, and stuff was breaking. He said it would be $2200 to replace it with a junkyard part. I couldn't believe my streak of bad luck was not over. I texted Davey about it, and he said to call him right away.
"That is ridiculous!", he said. "Someone is trying to rip you off! Let me make a couple calls and get back to you."
So he did, and told me I should try to get it rebuilt with new parts instead of junkyard ones, and that I was not to pay that much. I had told Ninja about it too, and he was able to put me in touch with a friend of his that does rebuilds for off-roaders, so I took my truck to him and dropped it off. It ended up costing me substantially less, and all the parts were new. And now I have a new mechanic that is totally awesome.
About a week after this, Brian got hyper and jumped sideways. His leg bent out away from his body and stayed there. I felt ill. I tucked him into bed and called Davey crying. "I think I am going to have to consider putting him down. I am not an endless well of money. I don't know what to do."
Davey told me not to panic till I figured out what was really going on, and tried to make me feel better. On the way back to the surgeon, my ex, Mr.P, called. I broke down sobbing and told him everything.
"Aww, there, there..." He tried to soothe me. "Don't freak out yet. You are not going to have to put him down. He is your baby. Look, if worst comes to worst, I will give you my vacation pay so you can have the surgery redone. You don't have to pay me back. Just let me know if you need it."
Ninja also asked me how much I would be short and if I needed some help, and in spite of my stress, I was very relieved to be surrounded by extraordinary friends who would give so much for me. In spite of my bad luck, I am a lucky girl indeed.
As it turned out, the metal plate in Brian's leg had bent due to some type of manufacturer's defect, and the surgeon said I would owe nothing for now, and he would try to bill everything back to the manufacturer. So Brian had his second surgery and is currently still in a cast with a stronger metal plate in his leg.
On a side note, as if the month could not get get any worse, Davey has said we need to go back to being just friends for now, as life situations and me are too much to cope with right now, but that he will never stop loving me. I am confused as hell. It is more painful than anything else that has gone wrong to date, and every time I want to lose control emotionally, I remind myself to be strong and let things be as they will. He has still called me pet names occasionally, and once let slip the "I love you", but he barely keeps in touch anymore and I am afraid I am losing him. He acts like he cares a little, but I can't tell what is going on. I am just trying to honour his wishes while still being here for him. It feels like it's killing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment