Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Aftermath

I ended up spending two days in the hospital, and having two metal plates and six pins put in my wrist, which was stapled and stitched up, leaving me with a couple sizeable scars. But, hey, at least they aren't on my face. That would have been worse. I ended up on some pretty powerful pain killers and in a cast for my return to my parents place, where it was agreed I would spend my recovery so I would have help and not be alone. I had to go to physiotherapy three times a week, and had had a bad concussion as well.
As soon as I was coherent, I had a call from Davey. "Baby, I was so worried! Are you ok? I got a message from your brother saying you had been in a bad accident, and he didn't say what kind of accident, or how badly you were hurt. I was going crazy till I got ahold of your mother! Honey, I want to be there so bad. This is so hard for me. I hate this. I'm too far away. I want to be there to look after you and baby you."
A tear fell. "I miss you so much," I said. "I really need you right now. I want your arms around me."
"Baby, don't cry. We'll figure something out. I'm here for you. I love you like crazy. You just try to relax and get all healed up, and get lots of sleep, darling. Don't worry about anything. I'll see you before too long."
I was crying a fair bit by this point. He just stayed on the phone and kept telling me how much I meant to him, and that everything would be ok, until I calmed down. "We can deal with this, baby. It just seems big right now. I'll keep checking up on you. Get some rest, love."
I hung up and fell asleep, but woke a lot due to pain. The next morning I dealt with all the messages on my phone. One was from Kristi, saying "I heard something happened. Call me asap, woman.", and one from Ninja, saying "Are you ok? What the hell happened?!" I was busy answering people for a while.
D-prime and Spaz's wedding was coming up on the 10th of October, so I was hoping my cast would be off by then, and it was. I went on temporary disability and had some time off from work until such time as my surgeon approved me to go back. I went to physio faithfully, but healing was a slow process.

No comments:

Post a Comment