Sunday, November 7, 2010

Bad to Worse

I saw Davey about a week later. He drove most of the way, and I met him in Detroit, at Churfy's. He was incredibly sweet, and just held me and wouldn't let go. He did everything for me, including cutting my food and driving, as I was still in a cast. I have never felt so much love and appreciation for a boyfriend as I did then, realizing that he was focused solely on caring for me, and giving me all the love and attention I could ever hope for. He was and is, simply amazing in my eyes.
I returned home, and Spaz and D-prime asked me if my chihuahua, Brian, whom is the apple of D-prime's eye, could carry the rings down the aisle at their wedding. Of course he could, so a tuxedo and ring pillow was ordered.
Three days later, I went outside to bring Brian in, but when I called him, there was no response. I started looking for him, and eventually heard a rustle under the deck. He was there, shaking and terrified. He had broken his leg. I rushed him to an emergency clinic where I found out he had also dislocated his hip and bruised his liver. I left him at the vet's that night, and returned to take him in for surgery the next day. The surgery was going to be $2500 and I had already been off work three weeks. I was stressed.
Again, Davey called me and soothed me, saying that I would be back to work soon, he knew I could handle it, and to just take a deep breath and tomorrow is a new day. He reminded me that it was not time to panic yet, as I had enough to cover this emergency. He was right, as he often is.
But Brian lost his job as ring bearer as he ended up with a metal plate in his leg and was not hardly walking at the time of the wedding.
I begged Davey one last time to come to the wedding with me, but he said, "Baby, I'm sorry. I just can't be there."
"Fine," I said, "I'll take Ninja."
"Honey, whatever makes you happy. If you want to take Ninja, take him." But he said it with that disapproving note in his voice, and I felt bad for being a little mean.
"No, I'll go alone," I answered. "I don't want to disrespect you in any way."
"Whatever. Do what you want. It's not like it'll bother me, after all."
I knew I had hit a sore spot and tried to apologize, but he wouldn't answer me.

No comments:

Post a Comment