Sunday, December 27, 2009

Get me out of the arctic....a summary

I am on my way back to Ontario with a load now. Pansy gets in at 7am, so at about 7:01, I was inundated with satellite messages. I told him that when I get back I will be completely out of hours and will need to reset (a 36 hour break). Conveniently this reset falls on new year's eve. What a coincidence. Churf and I promised to take Bubba out for New year's and we don't want to let him down. Also we may surprise Mumsy by showing up at the family get together new year's day. Our youngest siblings are dying to see us.
It will be a hard run to make it back, but as much as we want to get home, we also want to get out of the frigid north. Pansy said to remind him of the time off I want tomorrow, and he will make sure I get it. He's good for things like that. He was a little upset with me for completely avoiding him last time I was home, even though we were supposed to do something together, but he's over it, and back to his normal easy-going self.
We are in Saskatchewan right now, and will be leaving first thing in the morning. It is like the arctic here, as far as I'm concerned, and will be only too glad to leave it this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment