Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Too Many Men

The last few days have been absolutely packed…..with men. I’ve just been realizing how I have a ridiculous number of guy friends compared to girl friends, since I have spent the last 3 days making sure (or trying to make sure) that none of them cross paths. Things between Lada and I have cooled off considerably, although we still text nearly every day. Mostly just random bits of info to make sure the other is still there. If I ignore him, he will text till I answer.
Ninja had been texting a lot, e-mailing and what not. I have been getting the impression that he is really into me, but at the same time, he is so not my usual type. He is Mr. Perfect. He races motorcycles as a hobby, which is very cool. He is a real gentleman and the most respectful of all my guy friends. I feel safe and secure around him. He doesn’t seem selfish or forward in any way, and I’m used to spending most of my time demanding that my guy friends back off. And I know myself….I usually go for the most unsuitable bad boys. Maybe because I am adventurous and they are never boring? I really don’t know for sure why.
Anyway, when I came home he took me out for supper and to a movie. A very traditional date. I don’t even remember the last time I did that. It was relaxing. We have seen each other three days in a row. He made supper for me last night, which was amazing. I don’t get home cooked food very often. He also changed the oil on my motorcycle for me, which I wasn’t expecting. We watched a movie and he asked me to stay the night, promising to be a gentleman. And he was. He hasn’t even tried to kiss me. How cool is that? Not that I wouldn’t want him to, just that I am happy waiting because it just shows how careful and sincere he is. I feel at ease with him.
Yesterday Pansy took me flying. He just got his instructor rating, so he gave me a lesson, which was great. I flew almost the whole thing myself, in the pilot’s seat, and he is really good at explaining how to do things. So he had me practicing attitudes and banks. Then he took the controls and scared me to death, while I was saying, “please don’t make me sick….”. We had a great time, like the good friends we are and have been, until we got to the awkward conversation….

PANSY: I want to spend more time with you before I leave town.
LIZZY: I’m really busy.
PANSY: You don’t understand. I wasn’t lying that time I said I loved you.
LIZZY: You were drunk. Let’s chalk it up to alcohol.
PANSY: I’m gonna miss you so much.
LIZZY: Not like you are dropping off the face of the earth, Pansy. You know how to get ahold of me.
PANSY: It’s just I was always so awkward around you at first because you were intimidating.
LIZZY: Why? Cause I’m masculine? (laughing)
PANSY: No, because you are such a pretty girl. But then we became friends and I got comfortable around you, and the thing is, you are exactly the kind of girl I want to marry some day. But I never wanted to try to start something with you because I knew I would be leaving.
LIZZY: Don’t play head games with me, Pansy. It’s very convenient that you are saying all this right before leaving town.
PANSY: It’s not convenient. It’s my last chance.
LIZZY: Next thing I know you’ll be saying we should run off and get married in Vegas….. (laughs)
PANSY: I would if I thought you would do it.
LIZZY: Huh, weird. Do you realize that when I was 20, you were just turning 13? Do you know what they do with pedophiles, Pansy? They put them in jail.
PANSY: That’s not even a valid argument.
LIZZY: But you get my point. We were meant to be friends. That is all.

So Pansy left, and I hope I wasn’t too mean, but I just want to be honest and not play games or lead people on. And I am ignoring him a bit. He is just too persistent.
After that, I met up with my friend Ryan and went for about an hour long motorcycle ride out in the country with him leading the way. We didn’t get to talk much, but it’s ok. It was about riding and enjoying the scenery, not chatting. And then off to buy some oil for the bike and to Ninja’s for supper. The thing is, I don’t want to have a ton of guys on standby, I just want my friends to be my friends, without leading them on. But it’s hard because it seems they always want it to go somewhere, and in most cases it’s not hard to figure out where they want it to go, and you can feel free to read between the lines there. I am heading to my sister’s place tomorrow for a few days of great company and tons of laughing and being goofy. We are also going to Monster Jam on Saturday in Detroit. I can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment