Saturday, January 16, 2010

War of the....cookies?

So, I am having "Pansy" issues. Not the normal, dramatic, emotional type. No, this is something entirely new and foreign to me. I do not understand it, and I shall not even try to.
Churf and I came into the office. Pansy was decidedly cool and more distant with me than usual. He did not really flirt heavily like he usually does. Churf tried embarrassing us both with some very obvious comments, which she later said was for the purpose of seeing if he had any type of response that would give her some insight into our non-relationship. She had a good long chat with me and laid out a very logical explanation for why boys act like they do, and gave me some sisterly advice on how to behave towards him. She said instead of arguing with her, I need to just accept that she is right about men. So I say this time I will go with whatever she says. She tells me that clearly since Pansy never had gotten what he wanted out of me, he is withdrawing and reverting to "just friends" mode. She advises me to distance myself and be civil, but just friends. This sounds perfectly reasonable to me, so I agree.
The next morning, I go in to talk to Pansy about a load.

PANSY: Looks like you are going to have to wait a few extra hours for your load.
LIZZY: Oh, ok. No problem.
PANSY: So, how are things going? You still got that pickup truck?
LIZZY: You know it's not mine. But yeah, I have a key for it.
PANSY: Oh, cause I was just thinking, I mean...my pickup is here every day I work....just sort of sitting there, and I was going to ask if you want a key for it.

What is with men just giving me keys to their vehicles???? Is this a competition thing??? Two points to make here. A) I am not going to collect keys to guys vehicles. B) WTF??? Did not Churf and I just decide Pansy was settling into "just friends" mode? This was decidedly beyond "just friends" in my opinion.
On the same topic, Poncho has lately been making mean jokes about Pansy and trying for my attention, even pulling out his ace card....his sports car. When will these boys grow up??? Poncho also gave Churf and I homemade cookies. He did not make them himself. Maybe his mother did?
In summary, we are confused, so we have boiled it down to one simple formula. Poncho+Pansy= Sorry Pansy, but Poncho feeds us cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment